I truly wonder about the benefit of the political debates. We are told it is to determine the various candidates positions on different questions, but, don't we know they are going to answer the moderators questions the way they feel we want to hear their responses?
I am one who does not believe in these debates. I think a debate should only take place when the two "finalists", one from each party, have been nominated. Then the answers they provide to the questions should be recorded and once a month sent to the winning candidate. Some people need reminders of their promises.
We in the Deficit Reduction Party need no debates, no reminders. That is not to say we wouldn't be pleased to debate any candidate who has the courage to face us. We have set forth our platform. It contains promises that we expect to be accountable for, because we will make them happen.
Giving credit to the debaters, I thought some of them had great poise, responded cleverly to the questions, some even honestly. However, poise, good voices, shallow promises, all these are meaningless and we have heard it all before.
The DRP will make it happen. Vote when the time comes, and vote often.
aL HOFFMAN
Your next President
Tuesday, June 5, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment